Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Splash Pad

 Hooray! We are at the Splash Park!
 Disney World does not have anything on this place and its FREE! Well at least for now that is the truth.  Colin is in love with the new splash pad at one of the parks here.  Lucky for me, one of my mom friends at library class told me about it and we went to check it out the next day.  I could barely set Colin down and he was running! I have never seen him so excited for anything.  All the other kids his age were really timid, didn't want to go in the water, and sticking very close to their parents.  Colin on the other hand was cracking up laughing, running directly into the sprinklers, and running as fast as he could away from me :) 
 The place has several different types of sprinklers including some that come up from the ground and others that are above your head.  Not all the sprinklers work at the same time so you really have to watch yourself or you may get soaked by accident. 

For some reason, Colin likes drains.  If we are not careful he will pull the drain cover off the shower and he loves to watch water go down the drain in both the sinks and bath tub.  You can imagine a place with this many drains was beyond awesome for him.  I have to admit that I also had a little fun with this because there were several times that Colin went to check out a drain that did not have any water coming out and BAM water right in the face haha.  I know I am mean but he has got to learn right?  I stopped laughing when he found the enormous drain in the middle of the park and proceeded to bend down like a dog and take a big old drink. Yuck! Everyone else in the park thought it was pretty funny though.
 When we were at the splash park on Friday there were some older kids there for a softball tournament.  Colin thought they were doing some great stuff and decided to chase them around and copy what they were doing.  One of the big kids said "Get away little kid".  My motherly instinct wanted to go tell that kid where he could go but of course Colin didn't care what he had to say so instead of embarrassing myself I let Colin keep bothering him :) Eventually the older kids thought it was funny to splash Colin with the water and Colin loved it so it all worked out.

 Another great thing about this splash park is that it is connected to another normal park.  Instead of wood chips, it has that new soft foam under the playground equipment and a park especially for kids Colin's size.  So Colin ran from splash pad to park for a total of 2 hours.  I was exhausted after our field trip.  So was Colin.  He took a 3 1/2 hour nap and still slept pretty good that night. 
In honor of  this weekends opening of the very last Harry Potter movie, I had to share this photo.  If you look very closely Colin was watching Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone! I knew he was like me a little.  I have been reading the books and watching the movies for 10 years now.  I am excited and a little sad about finally getting to see the last movie.  I am very lucky that I will get to relive them all through Colin's eyes as I fully intend of reading the books to him when he is old enough.   

No comments:

Post a Comment