Thursday, June 16, 2011

First trip to the library

 I take these pictures so I can show him when he is a teenager just how much he LOVES to do the dishes.  Doing the dishes is probably one of Colin's favorite things to do.  Every time I go near the sink, he pulls a chair over so he can help.  There are several times throughout the day when I really do not want to do dishes and he will pull his chair over and then try to push me towards the sink.  Today we did the dishes first thing in the morning because we were going to the library.  We didn't have too much time so we had to cut our dish washing time short.
 This was his reaction to having to stop doing the dishes.  That is usually my reaction when I know I HAVE to do them :)  Like I said before I will keep the pictures just to remind him when he starts giving me attitude about doing the dishes.
 Today was our first trip to the library.  Like most libraries they have a toddler program that lasts for about 30 minutes.  During that time we sing songs, say funny poems, and read books.  I thought this would be a great way to get Colin around some other children during the summer.  This was a picture of him on the way to the library.  He was laughing because I was talking about how much fun we were going to have.  I thought we were going to have fun. 
This is where we went wrong.  I did not know the library was going to have blocks.  Colin loves blocks.  He spends much of his time during the day playing with some type of blocks.  We went over to the block table while we were waiting for the class to start.  When it was time to go over to the play group, Colin did not want to go.  I eventually got him over there basically kicking and screaming.  He would not sit still without his binki (I despise that thing).  He was ok for a little bit because he enjoyed me throwing him around to the music (note to self:  do not work out before library class again, library class is a workout in itself).  As soon as a song ended we had a wrestling match with him wanting to go to blocks and me wanting to enjoy class.  I was sweating. Colin was sweating.  Finally, I gave up and we played with blocks.  At the end of the music class the teacher had a bubble machine and since bubbles also rank up there on the list of things Colin loves, he ran over to see them.  So I learned my lesson.  Next week I will show up right on time and NOT go over to the blocks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment