Monday, June 20, 2011

Swimming and Happy Father's Day

 We finally got to go swimming for the first time this year! We went with my friend Ashley to her Dad's house and Colin had a blast.  He really enjoyed swimming but really did NOT like his life jacket.  He pretty much laid on the deck and screamed until I took it off.  So instead of the life jacket, Ashley and I took turns holding him in the water.  He was not too sure about it at first but he eventually loved putting his face in the water, kicking his feet, and JUMPING in the water.  His jumps were more like just taking steps off the edge but he still really liked it. 
 I think his favorite part was sitting in the chair and eating a snack.  Swimming must really make you hungry because this kid put down a whole bag of cookies and another bag of veggie straws.  Then 20 minutes later when we got home he ate an entire plate of pasta.  He may be small but this boy can eat.  He is finally hitting a growth spurt and more and more people are talking about how big he is getting instead of how small he is.  Our "little" guy has never made it past the 20th percentile for height, weight, or head circumference but our Doctor always tells us, "Who cares, he is obviously healthy".
 Not only can he eat, he can sleep.  I went into his room one day and found him like this.  The kid will sleep for 3 solid hours most days.  I even have to go in and wake him sometimes.  I know they say never wake a sleeping baby but there is nothing pretty about an exhausted Mama at 10 at night dealing with a wide awake toddler so after 3 hours its time to get up! What I really think is funny is how he sleeps.  I guess he didn't get the memo that pillows are for your head and not your butt :) 
 These were my boys on Father's Day.  Brian sat down to eat his breakfast by the couch and Colin ran over there and sat down and looked at me like "I'll have my breakfast here too please"  It is fun to watch Colin copy everything Brian does.  He really loves and wants to be just like his Dad.
Finally just another cute picture of Colin on Father's Day.  We went to Brian's moms house to eat dinner and Colin got to play with all of Grandmas fun toys.  I had to get a picture of him in his overalls.  I love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment